How to Solve Problems With Dolby Sound in Windows 10
When switching to a new operating system, such as Windows 10, there can be some issues related to hardware and software. Sometimes there can be problems with your graphics, and sometimes, like in this case, problems can be related to Dolby and sound.
Fix issues with Dolby Sound in Windows 10
When it comes to sound issues, in most cases they are caused by driver incompatibility, so before we start working on it, let’s disable automatic driver download first.
- Go to System Properties.
- Under Computer name, domain and workgroup settings click on Change settings.
- Next, to go Hardware tab.
- Find Device Installation Settings and click it.
- Choose No, Let me choose what to do, then select Never Install Drivers from Windows Update.
- Click on Save Changes and perform a reboot if required.
To uninstall the sound driver do the following:
- Press Windows key + X and choose Device Manager.
- Inside of Device Manager navigate to Sound, video and game controllers.
- Find your audio driver, it should be named Conexant SmartAudio or IDT High Definition Audio, or something like that.
- Right click the driver and choose Uninstall. Remember to check delete the driver software for this device before clicking OK.
- Open Programs and Features, and uninstall any software related to Conexant/IDT & Dolby.
- Restart your computer.
- Try if your sound works with a default driver, but if it doesn’t go to your sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for Windows 10. If no Windows 10 drivers are available just choose the latest drivers instead. Also, in some cases, it’s better to install older version of drivers. If you’re on a laptop, it’s advisable for you to visit the laptop manufacturer’s website for latest drivers.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]