- Realtek audio is among the most prevalent codec software for Windows desktops and laptops.
- This article includes guidelines for easily reinstalling the Realtek audio driver in Windows 10.
- Don't hesitate to visit this Audio & Sound Software section in order to discover similar tricks.
- You can browse through a multitude of other simple guides by exploring our Tech Tutorials Hub.
Therefore, reinstalling Realtek HD Audio Codec drivers can often resolve numerous sound issues on Windows PCs. This is how you can reinstall the Realtek audio driver within Windows 10.
How can I reinstall sound drivers on Windows 10?
1. Reinstall the Realtek audio driver
You can manually reinstall the Realtek audio driver by downloading the suitable version from the official Realtek website. Open the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Some users might prefer to utilize driver updater software instead, as it’s more convenient and less time-consuming.
After installing the software the only thing that’s between you and a fully-functional system is a quick mouse click.
The software will automatically download all the drivers for your system’s needs by checking your system’s setup and accessing its enormous database of drivers for each of the devices you use it with.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
Uninstall the driver
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
- Click the Delete the driver software for this device option shown directly below.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
Search for duplicate drivers
- Click View and Show hidden devices. Uninstall duplicate audio drivers if there are any.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling the driver.
- Then, you need to open the Realtek HD Audio Driver download page.
- Click the 64 or 32-bit Realtek HD Audio Driver link to download the driver installer.
- Open the downloaded installer for the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
- Go through the setup wizard to install the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
- Restart Windows.
3. Uninstall the Realtek sound driver via Programs and Features
- Press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Next, type in appwiz.cpl in Run’s box; and click the OK button.
- Enter Realtek in the search programs box.
- Select the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver listed within Programs and Features.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Choose Yes on any confirmation prompts.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the Realtek audio driver.
- Then reinstall the Realtek audio driver manually as outlined above.
As you can see, reinstalling drivers is not as easy as it seems if you’re not using specialized software to do so. For a better and faster result, it is recommended that you use DriverFix from the start.
Feel free to share your experience with us by using the comments section below.