If you are one of the Lenovo PC users, then you must have faced the PC error 1962 which shows up when the boot sequence fails, and the PC fails to startup.
Error 1962 shows up on an affected Lenovo PC with the error message “No Operating System Found”.
However, Lenovo PC users see the error 1962 at random intervals, sometimes within 2-3 days or after a time intervals of 2-3 hours.
The error problem and its implications also range as well on Lenovo PC; some users reported that they are able to access their PC’s BIOS, while others who can access their BIOS were unable to see their hard disk drive.
Sometimes, users have to wait for hours before their Lenovo PC can boot up normally thereby causing inconvenience.
Error 1962 may be due to a faulty hard disk drive, corrupt Windows startup, startup errors, and incorrect BIOS settings. Here are solutions applicable in solving the error 1962 problem.
Here are solutions to fix error 1962 problem
- Run Startup Repair
- Change Boot priority in BIOS
- Run System restore in safe mode
- Replace your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
1. Run Startup Repair (Windows 10)
You may consider running Startup repair so as to fix the error 1962 problem. The startup may be corrupted due to irregularities stemming from your Windows installation.
You need to create a Windows bootable USB or DVD drive before you proceed with the startup repair. Follow these steps to carry our startup repair:
- Go to this link, to create a bootable device for Windows 10.
- Insert the bootable USB or DVD and boot Windows from it.
- In the “Windows Setup” window, select the “language to install”, “Time and Currency format”, and the “keyboard or input method”.
- Hence, click on “Repair your computer” and select “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Advanced options”, select “Automatic Repair”, and then select the Operating System.
- After the repair process, follow the prompts notification to boot up your Windows PC.
2. Change boot priority in BIOS
Another reason for the error 1962 problem is because of incorrect settings in the BIOS. You have to fix this problem by changing boot priority in your PC BIOS.
Follow these steps to change your boot priority:
- When you see the Error 1962: No Operating System Found display, press and hold the “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” keys at the same time to reboot your PC.
- While booting, press the F12 key several times to launch the BIOS setup. After you see the Setup box, Hit “Enter”.
- Click on the “Startup” tab” > Select CSM and hit “Enter” key > Select the “Enabled” option.
- Locate “Boot Priority” and hit “Enter” key > Change current option of Legacy First to UEFI First.
- Hence, press the F10 key and choose “YES”. Then wait for your PC to reboot.
After your PC has been rebooted, the error message will be cleared.
3. Run System restore in safe mode
Running system restore can also fix the error problem on your Windows PC. Safe mode is a diagnostics mode in Windows which starts your PC with only basic files and drivers running.
However, you can perform system restore in safe mode to revert back to a certain restore point on your system devoid of the error message display on startup.
- Press the power button until your PC shuts down, then press it again to switch on your PC.
- Navigate to the “Run in Safe Mode” option and hit “Enter”.
- Go to Start > Type system restore and then hit “Enter”.
- Follow the prompts to revert back to a certain restore point.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then reboot.
Note: Ensure you are able to identify the restore point date before the error message started. System restore does not affect any of your files, documents, and personal data.
4. Replace your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
Finally, you need to consider replacing your PC’s HDD because it may be faulty.
You can remove your HDD, connect it to another PC to access the files and folders on the PC, and also to confirm if it boots up from the HDD.
However, if the PC can detect and access the HDD, then the probable cause for the error problem is due to the faulty SATA cable.
The SATA cable connects the HDD to its motherboard; we highly recommended that you replace it with a new one. You can carry out the replacement by a professional computer engineer.
In conclusion, these solutions are highly recommended to solve the Error 1962 “No Operating System Found”. Comment below if you have any questions concerning the error problem.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Lenovo Touch Screen Monitor Doesn’t Work in Windows 10
- Fix: Lenovo E420 Touchpad Issues on Windows 10
- Fix: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Error in Windows 10