- The PC error 1962 comes with the message No Operating System Found and it mostly occurs on Lenovo computers.
- You can use the startup repair method by using a bootable media. We will help you create one.
- If you start the computer in Safe Mode, you can also apply a system restore.
- Changing the boot priority in BIOS can also fix this problem quickly so make sure you try it.
If you are one of the Lenovo PC users, then you must have faced the PC error 1962 which shows up when the boot sequence fails, and the PC fails to startup.
Error 1962 shows up on an affected Lenovo PC with the error message No Operating System Found.
However, Lenovo PC users see the error 1962 at random intervals, sometimes within 2-3 days or after a time interval of 2-3 hours.
The error problem and its implications also range as well on Lenovo PC; some users reported that they are able to access their PC’s BIOS, while others who can access their BIOS were unable to see their hard disk drive.
Sometimes, users have to wait for hours before their Lenovo PC can boot up normally thereby causing inconvenience.
Error 1962 may be due to a faulty hard disk drive, corrupt Windows startup, startup errors, and incorrect BIOS settings. Here are solutions applicable in solving the error 1962 problem.
How can I fix error 1962 in Lenovo PCs?
- Run Startup Repair
- Run System restore in safe mode
- Change Boot priority in BIOS
- Replace your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
1. Run Startup Repair (Windows 10)
- First, you will need to create bootable media. If you don’t know how to do that, follow the link below to our guide.
- Insert the bootable USB or DVD and boot Windows from it.
- In the Windows Setup window, select the Language to install, Time and Currency format, and the keyboard or input method.
- Hence, click on Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options, select Automatic Repair, and then select the Operating System.
- After the repair process, follow the prompts notification to boot up your Windows PC.
You may consider running Startup repair so as to fix the error 1962 problem. The startup may be corrupted due to irregularities stemming from your Windows installation.
You need to create a Windows bootable USB or DVD drive before you proceed with the startup repair. Follow the steps above to carry out the startup repair.
2. Run System restore in Safe Mode
- Press the power button until your PC shuts down, then press it again to switch on your PC.
- Navigate to the Run in Safe Mode option and hit Enter.
- Go to Start, type create a restore point, and then click on the app from the results.
- Select the System protection tab, then click on System restore.
- Now you only need to select the recommended restore point or choose a different one and click on Next.
- Confirm your selection, wait for the process to complete, and then reboot.
Running system restore can also fix the error problem on your Windows PC. Safe Mode is a diagnostics mode in Windows that starts your PC with only basic files and drivers running.
However, you can perform system restore in Safe Mode to revert back to a certain restore point on your system devoid of the error message display on startup.
Therefore, you can choose to use advanced software that can do it on your behalf. A professional tool can optimize your computer by doing deep registry cleansing and removing malware.
Restoring your system to a previous state can fix a number of system issues. A simpler way to safely restore your system is using a specialized tool that can do all the work for you.
Restoro will automatically scan your PC for problematic files and will replace all critical Windows system files that are malfunctioning with previous versions that are working perfectly.
Here’s how you can perform this action:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
The built-in system restoration tool will revert your Windows to a previous version, therefore you can lose some precious data that was saved after the restoration point was made. You can always return your system to its pre-repair condition.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Change boot priority in BIOS
- When you see the Error 1962: No Operating System Found display, press and hold the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time to reboot your PC.
- While booting, press the F12 key several times to launch the BIOS setup.
- After you see the Setup box, hit Enter.
- Click on the Startup tab, select CSM, and press Enter.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Locate Boot Priority and hit the Enter key.
- Change the current option of Legacy First to UEFI First.
- Hence, press the F10 key and choose YES, then wait for your PC to reboot.
Another reason for the error 1962 problem is because of incorrect settings in BIOS. You have to fix this problem by changing the boot priority.
Follow the steps above to change your boot priority. After your PC has been rebooted, the error message will be cleared.
4. Replace your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
Finally, it’s not the best choice but if the other solutions didn’t work, you need to consider replacing your PC’s HDD because it may be faulty.
You can remove your HDD, connect it to another PC to access the files and folders on the PC, and also to confirm if it boots up from the HDD.
Meanwhile, if the new PC is unable to identify and access the HDD, then you definitely need to replace it with a new one.
However, if the PC can detect and access the HDD, then the probable cause for the error problem is the faulty SATA cable.
The SATA cable connects the HDD to its motherboard; we highly recommended that you replace it with a new one. You can carry out the replacement by a professional computer engineer.
In conclusion, these solutions are highly recommended to solve the Error 1962 No Operating System Found.
If nothing works, you can also check the best Windows 10 boot repair tools to rescue your PC and get things back to normal.
Comment below if you have any questions concerning the error problem or if you have any other potential solutions.