KB4284835 install fails for many Windows 10 v1803 users
The Windows 10 April Update recently received a new patch. Update KB4284835 fixes many bugs that affected the OS ever since Microsoft rolled it out a few months ago, including the annoying issue that prevented users from changing brightness settings.
At the same time, KB4284835 also brings some issues of its own. For example, many users reported that the update often fails to install. There are many error codes that appear on the screen when the process fails, and it seems that error 0x800f0900 is the most frequent one.
Here’s how one user describes the problem on Microsoft’s forum:
Hello. I tried updating to the June update for the 1803 build, but I keep getting this error message:
“There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284835) – Error 0x800f0900″
I tried the troubleshooter found in the setting menu, it did not work.
If you can’t install KB4284835 on your computer, here are a few quick suggestions on how to fix the problem:
- Update your drivers — running outdated drivers may prevent you from installing the latest OS updates.
- Disable your antivirus software — security software may sometimes block Windows 10 updates. Turn off your antivirus, download and install the updates and then turn it on again.
- Reset Windows Update — launch Command Prompt as administrator, enter the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Ren C:\WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:\WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
If the problem persist, here are a few additional troubleshooting guides that you can use to solve it:
- Fix Windows update issues with these two tools
- “This might take several minutes” Windows update error [FIX]
- How to Delete Downloaded Windows Updates Which Failed to Install
While trying to launch one of the Microsoft Office programs, you may encounter an error that won’t let you access any of the Microsoft Office […]
If you frequently send emails, especially in a business environment, then you most probably know Microsoft Outlook. This email client comes pre-installed with Microsoft Windows […]