KB4284835 fixes a bevy of Windows 10 April Update issues
Microsoft rolled out a series of new updates on May Patch Tuesday adding a bevy of fixes and improvements to all Windows versions. If you’re running Windows 10 version 1803, you can now download update KB4284835 and fix many annoying bugs that came with this OS version.
KB4284835 fixes display brightness settings, black screen issues and more
We reported extensively on the Windows 10 April Update bugs reported by users. Now, update KB4284835 fixes some of these issues, including black screen on startup. This problem occurred because previous updates to the Spring Creators Update were incompatible with specific versions of PC tune-up utilities after installation. Fortunately, Microsoft has now fixed the problem for good.
If you’re a gamer, then you should definitely download and install KB4284835. The update fixes the issue that caused certain games to fail to show dialogs when connected to monitors that support interlaced display formats. Microsoft also addressed the issue in which the GameBar failed to launch. So, thanks to this patch, you’ll be able to enjoy better, more stable gaming sessions on your computer.
Many Windows 10 April Update users complained about not being able to change brightness settings after installing the new OS. To fix this problem, simply install KB4284835 and you should be able to access and customize all your display brightness settings.
Other important improvements include:
- Addressed the issue in which the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks can’t run in multi-user mode on Windows 10 1803 devices. Users will now be offered Windows 10, version 1803
- Fixed an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present.
- Addressed the issue with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
You can download and install KB4284835 automatically via Windows Update or you can get the stand alone update package from Microsoft’s Update Catalog.
For additional information, you can check out KB4284835 support page.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Oh, boy! Researchers found another unpatched Windows bug
- Don’t check for updates this Patch Tuesday to avoid getting the April Update
- Windows 10 Meltdown Patch brings critical security issues of its own
Windows 10 version 1903 has a new non-security update that addresses a problem in which users are unable to use USB Audio 2.0 multi-channel microphones […]
Cisco AnyConnect is VPN software that incorporates advanced protection for blocking malware at endpoints. However, some users have said that they can’t install or launch […]