The latest Quantum Break update makes it possible disable V-Sync
Quantum Break received received the third update since its release in April. The new update brought a lot of improvements to the game, but perhaps the most notable addition is the ability to disable V-Sync.
Support for disabling V-Sync will drastically improve graphical performance of the game on some computers, so we can say this is a welcomed addition. Users requested this by themselves, ever since the game was released, and Remedy finally fulfilled their with with the most recent update.
Besides the ability to disable V-Sync, Remedy also revealed other changes brought by this update on its official website. Here’s what else the latest Quantum Break update brought.
- “Fixed an issue with game controllers not working correctly on some configurations
- General fixes
- In response to requests from fans, we have removed SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3 limitation, which will enable “Quantum Break” on Windows 10 to run on unsupported, below minimum spec hardware”
Microsoft was criticized lately for some lacks of its UWP platform, including the fact that players can’t disable V-Sync in most of the UWP games. Hopefully, developers of other bigger titles for Microsoft’s platform will follow Quantum Break’s example, and deliver the option to disable V-Sync to their games as soon as possible.
To install the latest update for Quantum Break, you just need to go to the Windows Store, and check for updates. Or you can download the updated version from here.
If you already installed the update, you can tell us in the comments how the game performs after you disable V-Sync. Can you notice any performance improvements?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride now haunting the Xbox Store
- Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition is the most powerful desktop processor
- Bomberman ’94 comes to Windows Store, brings back the good old times
- Horror game Agony will see an Xbox One release in 2017
Microsoft has finally started rolling out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. As expected, this release brings a bunch of issues […]
FIFA 19 is Electronic Arts’ football simulation video game. This is the most popular football simulator game with millions of active players. Many users reported […]
From the old days of hundreds of CDs and DVDs, larger and larger hard drives, to cloud services now, gaming has grown significantly. The need […]