How to Run 32 Bit Programs on 64 Bit on Windows 11?
Enabiling 32-Bit Applications option in IIS Manager will resolve this
- To run 32-bit programs on 64-bit Windows 11, you must enable the 32-bit application option in Internet Information Services Manager.
- This guide explains the method with step-by-step instructions to get it done quickly.
Even though a 64-bit system is more capable and faster in handling multiple operations, some apps only run on 32-bit systems on Windows 11.
So, if you have a 64-bit system and wondering if you can run 32-bit programs on it, then the answer is yes.
This guide will discuss methods with step-by-step instructions to run 32-bit apps on 64-bit Windows 11 computers. Let’s get started1!
What can I do to run 32-bit programs on 64-bit on Windows 11?
1. Enable 32-Bit Application
1.1 Enable Internet Information Services & CGI
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and click Open.
- Select Category from the dropdown for View By. Click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- On the Windows Features window, select Internet Information Services.
- Now click World Wide Web Services to expand it.
- Click on Plus sign beside Application Development Features.
- Put a checkmark next to CGI. Click OK to save the changes.
- Windows will now apply the features; once done, click Close.
1.2 Make changes to Advanced Settings
- Press the Windows key, type Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, and click Open.
- Double-click on the Desktop to expand it.
- Click on Application Pools from the left pane.
- From the right pane, right-click on DefaultAppPool, and select Advanced Settings.
- Under General, for Enable 32-Bit Applications, select True from the dropdown.
- Click OK.
2. Download and run 32-bit programs
- Download the installer file of a 32-bit tool.
- Double-click on the installer file to run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Use the app as usual.
So, these are steps that you need to follow to enable and run 32-bit programs on 64-bit Windows 11 computers. Try them to install the old or legacy apps on your new Windows 11 computer, and let us know in the comments section below.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.