- Slack is an amazing tool, and one of its most useful features is reminders.
- In this article, we’ll show you how to properly create and delete your Slack reminders.
- If you want to edit reminders in Slack, you should know that it cannot be done: you need to delete the current reminder and remake it from scratch.
Slack is one of the foremost instant-messaging platforms that’s one of the best alternatives to Skype. A lot of users prefer to utilize Slack due to its superior text formatting and app integration options.
Slack also enables you to set up handy reminders for yourself, a whole channel, or a channel member. Follow the guidelines below to create and delete reminders in Slack.
How can I create and delete a Slack reminder?
1. Create Slack Reminders
- To set up a reminder, select your (you) direct message space on the left of the Slack window.
- Input this command into Slack:
/remindThen you’ll see the remind command template shown directly below.
- To set up a reminder more specifically for yourself, you’ll need to expand the command to:
- Then add the [what] part of the command. For example, if the reminder was to send a letter, the command would be the following:
/remind me to send the letter
- The end of the remind command needs to include a time in at least the form of a date. For example, the command could be something like:
/remind me to send the letter on 2/3/2020
- Press the Return key after entering the full command. Thereafter, Slackbot will say that it will provide the reminder on the specified date at a default 9 A.M time if you didn’t enter a specific clock time.
- If you need to set up a reminder for another Slack member, enter the command as follows:
/remind @memberReplace member in that command with the required name, and then add the [what] and [when] parts to the reminder.
- To set up a reminder for a whole Slack channel, enter the command like this:
/remind #channelReplace channel with the actual channel name, and then expand the reminder as required.
- If you need a weekly recurring reminder, enter the command something like this:
/remind me to check emails every TuesdaySo, enter every before the specified time to instruct Slackbot to remind you on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Can’t create a reminder because Slack won’t connect to the Internet? Take a look at our guide and fix the problem easily.
2. Remove Slack reminders
After you create some reminders, you might change your mind and want to remove one or more. In order to delete a Slack reminder, you need to expand the reminders list and manually remove the unwanted one.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
1. Launch Slack.
2. Type the following in Slack’s text box as shown directly below and press Enter:
/ remind list
3. Thereafter, Slack will show you an upcoming reminder list as in the snapshot below.
4. Navigate to the Slack reminder you want to delete.
5. Click Delete on it to erase it.
This is all you need to do. If you accidentally click Delete on the wrong reminder, you will have to create it again, as there is no confirmation prompt upon deleting reminders.
Can I edit reminders in Slack?
Note that Slack doesn’t provide an edit option for reminders. Thus, you’ll need to delete reminders and re-enter the full commands again to change them if needed.
So, setting up and deleting reminders in Slack is straightforward. If you need any additional info or you just have some questions, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments section below.