If you own an Android smartphone, you’ll be happy to know that you can finally manage Android notifications in Windows 10.
The app that links your phone with your PC is called Your Phone, and it allows you to see notifications from your smartphone directly on your Windows 10 PC.
Also, you can see your entire SMS history or reply to messages directly from the PC.
If you want to connect your Android phone to a Windows 10 PC, there are a few simple steps that you can follow. First, make sure that you have the Your Phone app on your PC and that it’s updated.
If you don’t have the app, you can get it from the Microsoft Store.
How can I link my Android phone with a Windows 10 PC?
On your Windows 10 PC:
- Open the latest version of Your Phone app.
- Click on the Android box.
- Hit the Get Started button.
- In the next window that appears, enter your phone number.
After that, you’ll have to continue the setup on your Android device:
- On your smartphone, go to the Play Store.
- Download the Your Phone app.
- Open the companion app and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- When prompted, grant the permissions needed.
- Hit the “My PC is ready” button.
- Press Allow to allow the connection.
Set up the connection between the two devices:
- Go to your Android phone’s system settings.
- Now navigate to Notification Acces > Your Phone app.
- Switch the toggle beside the Your Phone app. Then press on Allow when prompted.
- Go to your Windows 10 PC.
- Open the Your Phone app.
- Click the Notification tab and then on Get started.
- Now click on Open settings for me and you’ll be taken to the app’s notification screen.
And that’s it. From now on, you’ll receive notifications and messages from your Android phone directly to your desktop.
If you’ve missed some of them, you can always find the in the Windows 10 Notification Center.
It’s worth mentioning that soon you’ll be able to reply to messages from all your messaging apps, not only from your default Android SMS app. One less to take your phone out of your pocket!
If you have any more questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.