Xbox One error 0x87e00064 usually occurs when a game is installed at the same time both from the Xbox Store and from the disc. In order to fix Xbox One error 0x87e00064, you can either install the game on a stable internet connection, install it from Xbox Store, and/or delete the cache and any related files saved to it that could have been corrupted for one reason or another.
FIX: Xbox One error 0x87e00064
- Install the game on a stable internet connection
- Install the game from Xbox Store
- Delete cache and save the file
1. Install the game on a stable internet connection
As mentioned, Xbox One error 0x87e00064 can happen when you install a game simultaneously from the Xbox Store and using a game disc. However, this can fail to happen especially when the internet connection is unstable or slow.
There are some disc installers for different games that require an internet connection so as to install the game completely and properly. Therefore, if your internet connection is problematic, the installation won’t be complete or it will fail altogether, because the required additional files cannot be downloaded successfully.
It is important to note, however, that some disc installers download the game updates only, so you need to install the game while your Xbox console is offline, or disconnected from the internet, and this can resolve Xbox One error 0x87e00064.
You can verify if your internet connection has a problem, by visiting a site like speedtest.net, and see your internet download and upload speeds. If the results of these two are lower than those of your internet service provider, check with your ISP. You can also install the game later when there is less internet traffic.
If your speeds are okay but you still get Xbox One error 0x87e00064, meaning the game failed to install, then there may be excess usage of your bandwidth from within the home or wherever you are.
If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, check that your console is receiving a strong signal, or change to using a wired connection as this gives more stable internet than a wireless one. You can also leave your game installing overnight if it requires downloading a single large file.
2. Install the game from Xbox Store
Sometimes the game disc can be physically damaged causing Xbox One error 0x87e00064. In this case, you can install the game from the Xbox Store, and then use the game disc to play. To do this:
- Go to Xbox Store.
- Go to the Search bar.
- Type in the name of the game
- Install the game
- Wait for the console to finish downloading and installing the game.
- If the installation is complete, insert your game disc and play
3. Delete cache and save the file
If your game was not installed or uninstalled, Xbox One error 0x87e00064 may occur due to a cache or a game saved that is related to the game you are installing. Corrupted files that have been saved can also cause the error so in this case, delete all of these items.
To delete saved files, do the following:
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox controller
- Go to Settings Tab
- Select System Settings.
- Select a storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Look for a corrupted game among the saved files.
- Delete it if there is any.
To delete cache, do the following:
- Press the Guide button on your Xbox controller.
- Go to Settings Tab
- Select System Settings
- Select Storage.
- Select any of the listed storage device
- Press Y on the Xbox controller.
- Select Clear System Cache.
- If prompted to confirm the action, select Yes.
- Turn off your Xbox console and then unplug it for at least 30 seconds to flush out the memory cache.
- Turn the Xbox console on and install the game using the game disc.
Were you able to resolve Xbox One error 0x87e00064 using any of the solutions above? Let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: