FIX: I Cannot Send Emails from Outlook on Windows 10
What to do if Outlook won’t send emails
A lot of people are using Universal Outlook app, instead of web-based version, but some users reported that they’re unable to send emails through their Outlook app. And in this article, we’re going to show you some solutions that might fix your problem with emails in Outlook.
SOLVED: Cannot send emails from my Outlook account
Solution 1 – Create a new email profile
There’s a possibility that your email profile is corrupted, so you can try with creating a new one. Here’s what you need to do to create a new email profile for Outlook:
- Go to Search, type control panel and open Control Panel
- Go to User Accounts and open Mail
- In the Mail window, go to Add…
- In the Profile Name box type the name of your new profile and click OK
- After that, select Manually Configure Server Settings
- On the Choose Service page, click Internet E-mail, and click Next
- Fill in the boxes in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box. Make sure that the Account Type setting is set to POP3
- Click Next and then click Finish
- Now go back to Mail window, in When Starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile box select the profile you just created
- Click OK
- Open Outlook to see if there are any changes.
Solution 2 – Check if TCP/IP protocol is enabled
If you still have problems, even if you switched to another profile, you can set check if TCP/IP is set as your default protocol. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Search, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter
- Right-click on your internet connection and go to Properties
- Under Networking tab, make sure that Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is checked, if not, then check it
- Click OK.
Solution 3 – Turn on authentication
- Select the Tools menu in Outlook > go to Email Accounts
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts > Next
- Select an email account > click on Change > More Settings
- Go to Outgoing Server tab
- Check the option ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’
- Select the option ‘Use same setting as my incoming mail server’ > hit OK > Apply > Finish.
Now, if the issue persists, you can also use this guide where we tell you what to do if Outlook emails remain stuck in your outbox. If nothing works, maybe it’s time to use a third-party email service.
That’s all, I hope that at least one of these solutions solved your problem with emails in Outlook. If you have any comments, write them down in the comments section below.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Windows 10 Mail won’t print my emails
- FIX: Outlook won’t search all emails on Windows 10
- Can’t sync emails on Windows 10? Here’s how to fix it
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
In information technology and telecommunications, Local Area Network (LAN) is a term describing a computer network connecting multiple computers, including peripheral devices. There are numerous […]
Have you ever wanted to apply for a job and the required format for your CV is .doc, or .docx but your CV is in the […]