- Fingerprints are great if you need extra security on your PC, but it seems like the fingerprint sensor is sometimes not working in Windows 11.
- As a first method to try, you should consider checking if your OS is up to date.
- Changing the fingerprint to grant or deny access to your computer might solve this issue.
- Another efficient option to make your fingerprint sensor work in Windows 11 is updating the related drivers.
Fingerprint sensors are usually used to grant or deny access to computer systems. They can be easily enabled on plenty of devices that meet the minimum requirements listed by Microsoft developers.
However, some users already claimed that the fingerprint sensor is not working in Windows 11. We understand how irritating this can be, so we’re going to offer you support on this matter.
Most commonly, this issue occurs due to some random bugs or driver-related crashes. Fortunately, today we’ll show you 5 options that will definitely help.
Make sure you check out this article completely to discover the best solutions for your fingerprint recognition.
How can I make the fingerprint sensor work in Windows 11?
1. Add another fingerprint
- Open Settings.
- Go to Accounts.
- Select the Sign-in options.
- Look at the Set up another finger section, then click on the Add finger button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Try to use your device with the new added fingerprint.
2. Check for Windows updates
With this option, Windows will automatically scan and update anything that is required for your computer’s needs.
3. Update the related drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Biometric devices, then right-click on the needed driver and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Your OS will automatically scan and update any related-available driver to make your fingerprint sensor work in Windows 11.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the related drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Biometric devices, then right-click on the needed one, and select Uninstall device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete de process.
- Restart your computer.
- Windows will automatically install a new related driver.
For more other information about fingerprint requirements, you should explore a complete guide created by Microsoft.
So there you are! You have a list with 5 of the quickest methods to consider if the fingerprint sensor is not working in Windows 11.
Because it is important to get a complete perspective about the newest OS, we strongly suggest checking a full Windows 11 build review.
In addition, do not hesitate to tell us your opinion regarding this subject, by leaving a comment in the section below.