- Windows operating systems require different versions of device drivers to function.
- Using a projector with your Windows machine requires an up-to-date driver provided by the projector manufacturer.
- You can install projector drivers on your Windows 10/11 device differently depending on the one that best meets your requirements.
You can download individual projector drivers such as BenQ drivers directly from the manufacturer. There are no charges for the drivers; anyone can download and install them. However, it can be challenging for some people to install projector drivers or find the correct ones for their projectors.
In addition, it is more challenging for others to find the exact model number of their projectors. That notwithstanding, it is vital for you to find the exact model of your projector to ensure that you do not install the wrong projector driver. Installing bad drivers can lead to hardware problems.
After identifying the model number of your projector, you can visit the manufacturer’s website and get the correct driver for your projector. Apart from the projector’s model number, you also need to download the valid driver for the Windows operating system you are using. This is because different driver versions are required for various Windows operating systems.
Why do I need projector drivers and driver updates?
Before discussing why you need projector drivers and driver updates, it is also essential to define what a driver is. A driver can be defined as a set of files responsible for instructing different hardware devices on how to function. Drivers do this by communicating with the operating system of their computer.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Every hardware device needs a Windows driver for it to function. This includes internal computer components such as graphics cards and external peripherals such as a projector. This explains why you need device drivers.
Sometimes your projector driver or any other device driver might stop functioning. This happens when the driver is outdated, and an update is required. It is important to note that new drivers are constantly released for the different versions of the Windows operating system.
The new releases include essential updates for your computer and devices such as scanners, printers, and projectors. Therefore, it is crucial to not only install drivers when connecting to a device but also ensure that you have the latest driver installed. This prevents hardware problems. It also maintains your computer and device performance.
How do I install projector drivers in Windows 10/11?
1. Use Windows Device Manager
- Connect the projector to your Windows computer.
- Press the Windows Button + X combination or right-click the start menu button.
- From the list, select Device Manager.
- You can see all the hardware devices connected to your computer from the device manager.
- Click on the dropdown button of your projector and then right-click on the driver option. Select update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers to search online, download, and install the projector driver.
- You can choose the Search my computer for drivers option if you have the driver downloaded.
2. Use a Driver Updater Software
We are going to use Outbyte Driver Updater in this demonstration: one of the best driver updater software applications on the internet.
- Download Outbyte Driver Updater from the official website.
- Connect the projector to your computer.
- Install and run the driver updater software you have downloaded.
- Once launched, it will start scanning your computer for any missing, outdated, or broken drivers.
- Choose the drivers you want to install (remember the projector driver), update, or repair.
- Close the application after installing the projector drivers.
3. Download the Projector Driver from the manufacturer’s website
- Identify the manufacturer of your projector manufacturer and the projector’s model number.
- For example, let us search for Epson EH-TW7100 drivers. We start by visiting the manufacturer’s website for the exact projector.
- Click Downloads at the bottom of the page.
- Select the operating system you are using.
- Click the Download button to start downloading the driver.
- Navigate to your downloads folder to install the projector driver.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of the projector driver.
Can drivers lead to Projector errors?
Corrupt, outdated, or missing projector drivers can lead to projector errors. If you have not used your projector before with your computer, you will get an error with your projector due to missing drivers.
However, if you have successfully used the projector before, it is essential to note that device drivers fail inexplicably and intermittently without any reason. This can also lead to projector errors.
Fortunately, you can update your drivers to ensure your projector functions well without any problems. This can be done successfully by following any of the methods discussed above.