- The NMI HARDWARE FAILURE error is quite rare on Windows 10, but one of the causes may be your hardware.
- Missing updates could also generate the BSoD error, and we recommend a great tool to help you with that.
- Your malware protection software could also be the culprit for the BSoD NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE.
- One solution could involve scanning, but there are many other options. Check them all in our guide.
Blue Screen of Death errors, such as NMI HARDWARE FAILURE, can cause many problems on Windows 10.
These types of errors will frequently restart your computer in order to prevent hardware damage. Therefore it’s crucial to know how to fix these types of errors.
How can I fix NMI HARDWARE FAILURE BSoD errors?
1. Use a third-party BSoD fixer
Restoro is an excellent software developed to restore your PC to its best state, keep it safe from malware threats by detecting dangerous websites and in addition it can also replace damage files.
With this tool you prevent and fix BSoD errors and you can also replace damaged .dll files and clean your operating system from any side-effects of a previous virus infection.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Run the BSOD troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.
This is a command-line tool that goes through your system searching for potential issues. Of course, if resolving these issues is possible, the SFC scan will do it automatically.
3. Make sure Windows 10 and all drivers are up to date
BSoD errors are often caused by certain hardware or software issues, and if you want to keep your Windows 10 system error-free, it’s highly advised that you update Windows 10 on a regular basis.
By using Windows Update you’ll download the latest security patches along with some new features. But most importantly, you’ll download many bug fixes that improve system stability.
These bug fixes often fix issues with certain hardware or software, therefore, if you wish to prevent BSoD errors such as NMI HARDWARE FAILURE, be sure to update Windows 10.
In addition to downloading Windows updates, it’s just as crucial to keep your drivers up to date. Drivers allow Windows 10 to recognize and utilize your hardware, and if a certain driver is outdated.
If that driver doesn’t support Windows 10, that can cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear.
To fix these types of errors it’s crucial to update your drivers. To do that you just need to visit your hardware manufacturer’s website and download the necessary drivers for your device.
This solution can help you solve the NMI HARDWARE FAILURE on your Windows 10 and it is efficient for any type of device especially a Dell PC.
To completely fix Blue Screen of Death errors, be sure to update as many drivers as you can.
4. Update drivers automatically
Searching for drivers on your own can be time-consuming. So, we advise you to use a tool that will do this for you automatically.
Using an automatic driver updater will certainly save you from the hassle of searching for drivers manually, and it will always keep your system up to date with the latest drivers.
Thanks to a an amazing data base that includes over 18 million drivers and an advanced scanning technology, you won’t have to confront with those critical update errors.
Your PC will be running smoothly at all time and in addition you can even back-up all your drivers by compressing them into a single file.
We also recommended this solution for solving the BSoD NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE error. After several tests, our team concluded that this is the best-automatized option.
5. Run the SFC scan
- Right-click on the Start Menu button, and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter the following line and press Enter:
- Wait until the process is done (it may take a while).
- If the solution is found, it will automatically be applied.
- Now, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
If the ‘unified’ troubleshooter failed to resolve the problem, we’re going to run the SFC scan.
This tool scans your computer for potential issues, and delivers a solution, if possible, so, it might be helpful with solving the stop code NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE error, as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
This issue may mean that your hardware has certain problems. Find out more in this step-by step article on how to fix NMI HARDWARE FAILURE error.
In order to solve this annoying issue you may need to change some setting on your antivirus. Check out all the solutions in this great guide on fixing BSoD errors in Windows 10.
One element that may cause this problem is malware. There are many other causes so find out more in this excellent article on causes of the BSoD error in Windows 10.