- If the PC Health Check app is not opening or crashes, that prevents you from checking if your PC is ready for Windows 11.
- We discovered that the application crashes randomly for people with a variety of configurations.
- You will need to make sure you're using the updated version for better chances, but we also have other solutions.
We were the first to report that Microsoft made available the PC Health Check app right after the event so that you could see if your device was ready for Windows 11 or not.
We also quickly spotted that many were getting an incompatibility error with Windows 11 that could easily be bypassed.
However, the Windows PC Health Check program was still throwing away errors for many users who upgrade to the new OS and want to make sure they can install Windows 11.
PC Health Check app just won’t open or gets stuck
When we ran the app on a couple of computers, it simply wouldn’t open up. When we tried doing that, it prompted that it needs to run an update.
And that was the first time when it simply got stuck in the installation process. It also gets stuck in the Preparing to install an update instance or in the already infamous We’re getting things ready for you.
For some, it doesn’t move after the Collecting data about your PC dialogue. And when it’s not stuck, it seems that the installation process simply doesn’t go until the end. We tried running as admin, compatibility mode, but it still wouldn’t open.
How can I fix the Windows PC Health Check app?
1. Run the setup file again
- Press the Windows key + E to start File Explorer.
- Go to the Downloads folder or the destination where you saved the WindowsPCHealthCheckSeup.msi file or search for it with this name on your PC, then run it.
The single problem with this is that every time you want to check for Windows 11 compatibility, you have to do the same thing as opposed to running the installed app.
2. Repair the app
- Press the Windows key + R to start Run, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter or click OK.
- Look for the PC Health Check app in the list, right-click it, and select Repair.
- After repairing the app, the system will start it.
3. Run the System File Checker
- Click the Start button, type cmd and click on Run as administrator to start Command Prompt with full privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter to run it:
- Wait for the scan to finish, then reboot your PC and see if the app works
Sometimes, this problem may be caused by corrupt system files so running the SFC scan will fix it quickly.
Of course, you can also use a dedicated tool for repairing your system that will be a lot quicker and fix more problems in the process.
4. Uninstall third-party apps
- Press the Windows Start button and select Settings.
- Now, go to Apps.
- Find the third-party app you installed lately, click on it and select Uninstall.
If the Windows PC Health Check app stopped working after you installed a third-party app, that is probably causing a conflict and blocks it.
Therefore, the solution is to uninstall it, at least temporarily, and see if the problem is solved.
5. Reinstall the app
- Click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Select the Apps option.
- Look for the Windows PC Health Check app on the right pane, click on it, and select Uninstall.
- Run the WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi installer again to reinstall the app. If you can’t find it, download the app again from the Microsoft website.
Reinstalling the app is the last resort to fix the issue with the Health Check app but the whole process won’t take long and it’s worth the time.
So, now you know how to fix the Windows PC Health Check app if it’s crashing, not opening, or getting stuck.
We hope that our solutions helped and now you can see if your PC is ready for Windows 11.
How to find out if my PC is ready for a Windows 11 upgrade?
- Run the Windows PC Health Check app.
- Click on the Check now button.
- If all is OK, you will receive the message that This PC meets Windows 11 requirements. If not, you will get a list where you will be able to see what you need to improve.
However, this app is a lot more potent because it can perform other tasks as well so here’s our guide on how to use Windows PC Health Check.
If you have any other problems with the app or you found other solutions that worked for you, feel free to mention them in the comments section below.