- If the Bbox Party is not working you won't be able to send and receive invites and set up a party.
- Basically, if this communication tool is not active, you won't be able to communicate with your team in the game.
- One thing to do if you can't connect to the Xbox Party on PC is to check your connection.
- Another solution for this problem is to install a third-party app to fix the Xbox Party.
The evolution of online gaming is closely followed by the communication services which allow players to chat or use VoIP to communicate with their co-players and friends.
Xbox Party is that service, for all Microsoft platforms, including Windows and various Xbox consoles. However, since the introduction, this part of the Xbox app for Windows 10 is plagued by issues.
It fails in its essential role — being a communication platform for gamers while they stream or play co-operatively.
Today, we prepared some solutions which should help you if the Xbox Party on PC is not working.
How can I fix Xbox Party issues on the Xbox app for PC?
- Check the connection
- Install Teredo Adapter
- Check the permissions
- Restart the app and the associated service
- Reset the Xbox app
- Change the default playback device
- Briefly disable Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus
1. Check the connection
- Restart your PC and router.
- Flush the DNS.
- Access the Router settings and disable the UPnP.
- Disable the VPN and the Proxy.
- Disable the IPv4.
- Use a wired connection.
- Check the status of Xbox Live Services, on the official Xbox website.
Let’s start with the connection troubleshooting. Now, the Xbox app is flawed in so many regards and these kinds of problems are not unusual, even if you’re network is working as intended.
Either way, we’ll need to get this out of the table and eliminate possible connection issues with the Xbox Party problems.
If you have any problems with your Ethernet connection, you can use this comprehensive guide to fix them.
2. Install Teredo Adapter
- Right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Click on View in the Main bar and check the Show hidden devices option.
- Expand Network adapters and look for Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.
- If it’s not there, click on Action in the Main bar, and choose Add legacy hardware.
- Click Next.
- Choose the Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced) option and click Next.
- Choose Network adapters from the list and click Next again.
- Select Microsoft.
- Choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from the list and install it.
- Restart your PC.
This emerged as the top solution for the problem. Some knowledgeable users managed to resolve all kinds of Xbox Party errors by relying on the Microsoft Teredo Adapter to set the P2P connection.
This device is unavailable by default, so you’ll need to enable and install its driver. After that, you’ll need to run a few commands in the elevated Command Prompt.
3. Check the permissions
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Privacy.
- Select Microphone from the left pane.
- Under the Choose which apps can access your microphone, toggle on the Xbox app.
Both the Xbox app and the individual game require permission to access your microphone. Games like Sea of Thieves even have a built-in push-to-talk feature which is something the Xbox app and Party lack.
With that in mind, we suggest checking all available permissions and allowing the Xbox App and the game to access the microphone.
4. Restart the app and the associated service
- Close the Xbox app completely.
- In the Windows Search bar, type Services and open the app from the results.
- Locate the Xbox Live Networking service, right-click on it and choose Restart from the contextual menu.
- Do the same for the IP Helper service.
- Close Services and open the Xbox app again.
Other users who use the Xbox Party feature to stream resolved the problem by shutting down the app and restarting associated services.
Even though we’re looking at a built-in app that comes pre-installed on Windows 10, it still has a tendency to stop services. The services we’re referring to are Xbox Live Networking service and IP Helper.
5. Reset the Xbox app
- Open Settings and choose Apps.
- Locate the Xbox app under Apps & features and expand it.
- Click on the Advanced options link.
- Scroll down and click Reset.
You can’t uninstall the Xbox app, but you might restore it to factory settings. This will delete all stored cache and fix some minor bugs which are quite frequent. After the reset, you should try updating the app.
6. Reset to default playback settings
- In the Windows Search bar, type Sound and open the Sound app from the results.
- Highlight the playback device, select the Advanced tab, and reset it to factory settings.
- Repeat this for the microphone.
- Save changes and exit.
Some of the most commonly reported issues with Xbox Party concern sound issues, namely, the microphone sound. Some users managed to resolve this by resetting the sound devices to factory values.
We can’t pinpoint the exact reason why this is the case, but if it helps to some, it might help you, too.
7. Briefly disable Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus
The final solution for Xbox Party issues we can offer is to disable the antivirus and Windows Firewall temporarily. Some of them seemingly affect the performance of the Xbox app.
In addition, disabling all other bandwidth-dependent applications from working in the background won’t harm. If the problem is resolved after you’ve tried this approach, try whitelisting the Xbox app and the game.
It’s better to allow an individual application to communicate through the Firewall than to disable it for good.
If the problem was that your antivirus blocked Xbox Party, it would also a good idea to look for a better antivirus for your system.
If the Xbox Party chat on PC is still not working, we suggest using an alternative application for the team chat. At least, until the issues are permanently dealt with.
Now that you hopefully fixed the Xbox Party feature, we have a useful guide to show you how you can start a party.
If you’re not getting any party invites, you’re not alone because many other users have complained about it but this excellent guide will help you fix the problem fast.
With that said, we can conclude our list. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments section below.
Also, don’t forget to send a ticket and your feedback to Microsoft concerning Xbox Party problems. Eventually, they’ll make it work if pressured enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Parties in Xbox One let you and up to eleven other friends group up and talk to each other. If you’re not getting invites, read our guide to fix the party invites in the Xbox app.
You must have Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Multiplayer and then Start a party.
You might have a connection problem. Luckily, we have a great guide on how to fix the Xbox Party.