Copy and paste doesn’t work on Windows 10 Creators Update [FIX]
The Windows 10 Creators Update is here, but there are a couple reasons why you should put off upgrading. For example, the Creators Update is preventing some users from copying text to the clipboard, meaning the update may have disabled the copy and paste tool in Windows 10.
Here is how the problem is affecting one Windows user who took to the Microsoft Community page in search of a solution:
I have upgraded to the latest Windows 10 version today (Creators update/Anniversary Edition). Since then Copy/Paste does not work (my suspicion is that the copy fails, and I cannot paste something that is not there). I have trawled the internet for solutions, but none I have found matched my problem (so far).
This happens in Notepad as well as everywhere else. The keyboard shortcuts do not work. The mouse menu options do not work. I have checked and applied all the latest updates, and reboot as well (a number of times). I don’t have any third party clipboard management tools installed. After keyboard copy (Ctrl-C) or Mouse Menu (Copy), the Paste option is never enabled.
How to fix copy and paste issues
According to a Microsoft representative, the problem may lie in outdated drivers after the Creators Update. To install drivers and other optional updates from Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and open Windows Update. In the search box, type Update and click Windows Update in the list of results.
- Select Check for updates in the left pane and wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update.
- Find the updates for your hardware devices on the Select the updates you want to install page and select the check box for each driver that you want to install. Hit OK.
- Click Install updates on the Windows Update page. Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Note that Windows Update will tell you if an update is important, recommended, or optional. You may also need to reboot your PC after an update. Then, Windows Update will let you know if the updates were successfully installed.
Did you experience the same problem after upgrading to the Creators Update? Let us know!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Cache is Microsoft’s new copy/paste tool, is OneClip still possible?
- Edge on Windows 10 Mobile gets improved copy/paste and better tab behavior
Solid State Disks or just SSD for short are the storage solutions to have if you want to speed things up with your PC. They […]