The Windows Installer (previously known as Microsoft Installer) is a software component used for the installation, maintenance, and removal of software on modern Microsoft Windows systems.
The installation information, and often the files themselves, are packaged in installation packages, loosely relational databases structured as COM Structured Storages and commonly known as “MSI files”, from their default file extension.
Fix Windows Installer errors
At Windows Report we’ve written about quite a few errors that are related to the Windows Installer functionality. Here’s some of them and the potential fixes:
- Windows Update Standalone Installer issues
- “Another program is being installed” error
- There is a problem with this Windows Installer package
- Windows Installer Service could not be accessed on Windows 10
- Windows Installer needs to be upgraded error in Windows 10
- Gathering required information Windows Installer error