Seagate is famous hard drive manufacturer, but despite the quality of Seagate’s devices, there might be some issues with Windows 10. Users have reported issues with Seagate drivers, Seagate external hard drives, and several other problems, so let’s fix these issues.
Seagate Issues On Windows 10 And How To Fix Them?
Fix – Seagate Manager Windows 10 issues
Solution 1 – Remove Seagate programs from your computer and reinstall them
Troubles with Seagate Manager are relatively common, and if you’re having issues with it, you might want to reinstall your Seagate software. To uninstall Seagate software, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to System.
- In the list on the left, click Apps & Features.
- Wait for the list of installed apps to appear. When the list appears, locate Seagate software and uninstall it.
- Now go to the Seagate’s website, download Seagate software and install it again on your computer.
- Updating drivers manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool to do it automatically. Thus, you will prevent file loss and even permanent damage to your computer.
Solution 2 – Disable Microsoft OneDrive
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- When Task Manager opens, go to Startup tab.
- In Startup tab find OneDrive, right click it, and choose Disable from the menu.
Fix – Seagate driver Windows 10 problems
Solution – Remove Paragon driver software and reinstall it
Paragon driver can often cause issues with Seagate Backup Plus, and in order to fix these issues, you will have to reinstall Paragon driver. To uninstall Paragon driver, just go Settings > System > Apps & Features and remove it. After doing that, go to Seagate’s website, download Paragon driver and install it again.
In addition, some users advise to install Paragon driver using Compatibility mode. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Find Paragon driver setup file and right click it.
- Choose Properties from the list.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select older version of Windows. You might have to experiment with different versions until you fix this issue.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes. After doing that, try running the setup again.
Fix – Seagate external hard drive problems on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Disable Fast Startup
If you’re using Seagate external hard drive, your external hard drive might not be recognized if you’re using Fast Startup. Fast Startup is turned on by default in Windows 10, but let’s see how to turn it off. To turn off Fast Startup, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S, and type Control Panel. From the list of results select Control Panel.
- Go to the Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- In the left pane click Choose what the power button does.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section and uncheck Turn off fast startup (recommended).
- Click Save changes.
After restarting your computer, your Seagate external hard drive should be recognized by Windows 10.
Solution 2 – Plug your external hard drive to a different USB port
This is a simple workaround if your Seagate external hard drive isn’t recognized by Windows 10. In order to do this you’ll need one more USB device that is connected to your computer. In our example we used a USB mouse, but any other USB device should work.
- When your computer boots to Windows 10, unplug the USB device that is working, for example your USB mouse.
- Connect your USB mouse to a different USB port.
- Connect Seagate external hard drive to the USB port that was used by your USB mouse before you unplugged it.
Now your Seagate external hard drive should start working again. We have to mention that this solution works with Seagate hard drives such as Seagate GoFlex, so if you own GoFlex device make sure that you try this solution. Although this is a simple solution, only downside to it is that you’ll have to do it every time you start your computer.
Fix – Seagate Central issues on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Switch to local account
Users have reported that they are unable to connect to Seagate Central network drive on Windows 10, and if you have this issue, you can try switching to a local account. To switch to local account, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to Accounts.
- In Your account section click Sign in with local account instead.
- Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.
- Now you need to enter new username and password that you want to use.
- After you’ve done that, just click Sign out and finish.
- Log in back to your local account.
Solution 2 – Check your antivirus and firewall software
Sometimes your antivirus software can cause issues with Seagate Central on Windows 10, and in order to fix it, it’s advised that you check your firewall settings. Users report that McAfee antivirus can sometimes cause this issue, and in order to fix it you need to navigate to Ports and System Services section in McAfee antivirus and check the Homegroup option. If this doesn’t help, you might have to temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall, or in worst case scenario, you might have to switch to a new antivirus software.
Solution 3 – Make sure that you partition the hard drive
Before you can use any Seagate hard drive, you need to partition it. To partition the hard drive, follow these steps:
- In Search bar type Computer Management and choose Computer Management from the list.
- When Computer Management opens, find and click Disk Management.
- Find your Seagate Central drive, right click it and choose Delete volume. This will delete all files from your Seagate hard drive.
- Now you should see Disk1 available. Right click it and choose Convert to GPT.
- Right click it again and choose New simple volume. After doing that, you’ll be able to use your Seagate external hard drive without any problems.
Fix – Seagate GoFlex Windows 10 issues
Solution 1 – Make sure that Seagate GoFlex has assigned drive letter
Before you can use Seagate GoFlex hard drive, you need to make sure that this drive has a letter assigned to it. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start Computer Management and go to Disk Management.
- In Disk Management you should see a drive without a letter. Check its size and make sure that this drive is your Seagate GoFlex drive.
- Right click it and choose Change drive letter.
- If this drive doesn’t have a assigned letter, add it.
- Save the changes and try to access your Seagate GoFlex hard drive again.
Solution 2 – Uninstall External Hard drive drivers
If you have problems accessing Seagate GoFlex on Windows 10, maybe you should try using the default drivers. In order to use default drivers you need to uninstall your current external hard drive drivers. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and from the menu choose Device Manager.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your external hard drive and right click it.
- From the menu choose Uninstall. Make sure that you check Delete the driver software for this device if it’s available.
- Click OK.
- After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer.
Fix – Seagate NAS Windows 10 issues
Solution – Install Seagate Discovery version 1.40.1041.002
Windows 10 users have reported that they are unable to access Seagate NAS (network attached storage) on Windows 10, and if you have this problem, you should try installing Seagate Discovery version 1.40.1041.002.
- Download Seagate Discovery version 1.40.1041.002 or newer.
- Right click Seagate Discovery setup file and choose Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and select Windows 7 from the compatibility options.
- Now right click the setup file and choose Run as administrator.
After doing that, your Seagate NAS should start working again. If the issue persists, try running Seagate Discovery as administrator.
If you’re still having issues with your hardware or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure, but also file loss and malware.
Seagate hard drives have some issues with Windows 10, but as you can see, most of these issues can be easily resolved by following our solutions.