- Regardless of whether you're a streamer or holding online classes, good screen capture software will take you a long way.
- That is why we've decided to compile this list of the best screen recorder for your Windows 10 PC.
- So, if you're looking for a partial screen recorder or a full-screen recorder, browse the entries below.
Screen recorder software solutions are great for capturing your desktop to create videos. For example, you can make a video about some problem you are facing on your computer or make a tutorial if you have a solution to another issue.
But finding a good program to record your screen can be challenging since most don’t really do a good job at it.
Windows 10 has a built-in screen recorder called Xbox Game Bar, but it’s most suited to record games.
That’s why we created this top 5 list of screen recording programs that can capture not only games but also anything else happening on your desktop.
Let’s take a closer look.
Here’s the best screen recording software for Windows 10
Icecream Screen Recorder is a dependable screen recording software tool for Windows 10, with enough features to satisfy but not confuse you.
It lets you add hotkeys to make recording a breeze, and supports your own watermarks so you don’t have to add your logo during the editing stage.
It can also focus on your mouse pointer and you can select a certain area on the screen to record instead of recording all of it. It even lets you zoom in and out while recording the video.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Screen area selection: select the area you want to be recorded
- Drawing panel: add arrows, lines, and marks to your capture
- Project history: you can easily find your past projects
- Personal Watermark: personalize your video by adding your signature/logo on it
- Zoom in while recording: zoom to an object
- Record around the mouse: select what area around your cursor you want to record
Icecream Screen Recorder is free to try and you can download it from the link below.
Icecream Screen Recorder
Capture your Win 10 screen effortlessly and share it with the entire world!
When making a top list of screen recorders, we look at important criteria such as video recording capabilities, system requirements, how user-friendly it is, how much it costs, and more.
Well, Movavi Screen Recorder seems to have everything in check, since it can record your screen to great effect, even in 4K, it is very lightweight for your system requirements, it is easy to use, and it can even be tested out for free.
Using it is merely a matter of pressing a few buttons, and you can even trim and edit your recordings once you’re done, so any irrelevant parts of a video can be easily eliminated.
The program is especially geared towards recording video calls, being capable of capturing webinars and online calls, recording video instructions and tutorials, and grabbing streaming videos and online events.
More so, if you want to test out the program before you buy it, you can go ahead, since there’s a free version of it available for download.
It has all the capabilities of the base program, except the inclusion of watermarks, in the end, vide, and the inability to tag videos for uploading on YouTube.
However, these drawbacks still allow you to test out the program to full effect, allowing you to make a more informed decision on whether to buy it or not.
Movavi Screen Recorder
We couldn’t create a list of best screen recorders without mentioning Movavi Screen Recorder for its versatility alone!
Bandicam is one of the most popular screen recording and editing software out there. It is designed for the general public, you don’t have to be familiar with screen recording software in order to be able to use it right away.
The software can record everything on your computer screen and you even have the option to only record certain areas of the screen. The files can be saved as .mp4, .avi, or image files.
Moreover, it allows the recording of external video devices such as a Webcam, Xbox, Playstation, smartphone, tablet, IPTV, etc.
In terms of cost, the software comes at a good price that aligns with the industry standards. The payment is made once, you just have to get a license for your PC and you can use it as you please.
Other key features include:
- Quality game recording of 2D/3D games with 4K UHD Video and captures up to 480 FPS Video
- Preserves top-level video quality
- One-time purchase
- Recording certain screen areas
- Real-time drawing function
- You can upload recordings on YouTube without converting
- Uses less CPU/GPU/RAM resources than similar software which means a smoother experience with less lag
- You can continuously record for over 7 days non-stop
A free version of this software exists and it incorporates some of its licensed features, the biggest downside being that it places a watermark on all your videos. It’s a good way to test it out and see how it works for you.
Record ready-to-upload videos of your screen and integrate external video sources with a lightweight and easy-to-use tool.
Camtasia is a powerful screen recording software tool for Windows 10. If you thought Snagit has too many features, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Camtasia comes packed with a full-blown video editor and video rendering module. If you are making tutorials, then this is quite possibly the best software you could use.
If you could think of a feature, Camtasia probably has it – so it will take too long to talk about all the things it can do.
There is a free trial available you can use to figure out if it’s worth it for you, but that’s the price you have to pay for a complete set of tools.
Capture anything on your Windows 10 desktop with the best all-in-one screen recorder and video editor!
Snagit is a premium screen recording software tool for Windows 10. You can give it a try with the free trial.
Snagit is not only a screen capturing tool but also packs a powerful video editor, comes with free tech support, and has integration with several online services.
Snagit is the smart, convenient way to get your point across, eliminate confusion, and future-proof your content.
If you are looking for something professional with an insane amount of features and a team of support staff that can help you go through those features, Snagit is your option.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Customize and edit every screenshot with professional-quality markup tools
- Trim any part of your screen recordings
- Convert videos to animated GIFs
- Premium screen recording tools
Transform your desktop into a visual how-to guide with the best screen capture and recording software!
TechSmith Capture is a free screen recording software solution for Windows 10. Formerly known as Jing, it’s made by the same team behind Snagit and Camtasia Studio.
Unlike those two, Jing has fewer options and it’s pretty straightforward.
Available for Windows and Mac, TechSmith Capture can not only record your screen to create videos but also take snapshots to save images. Video recordings can be uploaded to Screencast and shared with others for free.
ActivePresenter is a screen recording software tool for Windows 10 designed for business. It’s ideal for recording presentations at the office.
Atomi makes ActivePresenter, and they pack it with some really fleshed-out features that make it a breeze to do a presentation or use the software in an educational setting.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Record all motions on the screen with high resolution and frame rate
- Record webcam and system sound simultaneously
- Cut, copy, remove any part of the recorded video
- Record voice-over narration while recording or later in the editing phase
- Audio fade in/fade out, audio noise reduction
- Rich annotation tools: Zoom-n-pan, shapes, callouts, closed captions, mouse cursor effects, multiple resources (video, image, audio, YouTube video)
- Blur sensitive parts of the video or making green screen effects (chroma key effect)
Once you are done with your video screen capturing and editing, you can export your project as not only a video, but also various formats such as Word, Excel, PDF, PowerPoint, Flash, and even an HTML5 simulation.
These were some of the best screen recording tools for Windows 10. You can obviously decide for yourself which one is the best tool for you, depending on what exactly you want to do.
This has been helpful for many users who need to add screenshots and videos to their guides and tutorials. Let us know if it helped you as well!
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use any of the software tools we presented above to record your screen. Just click the Record button and follow the on-screen instructions. It’s incredibly easy.
You can either use a third-party screen recording tool that also has a free version like Icecream Screen Recorder or go for the in-built Windows Game Bar.
Use the AZ Screen Recorder app to record your Android screen. You can also use screen mirroring software.