Readiris Pro is a software program you can download for Windows and Mac to convert scanned documents into searchable and editable PDF. It’s among the best OCR software ever made.
More and more companies and governmental bodies are transitioning to the digital era, where every piece of information is securely stored in electronic form.
Although paper is still widely used, it’s more convenient to convert handwritten and scanned documents to digital files, which can be easily searched, stored, and reprinted using a computer.
Unfortunately, the OCR technology (Optical Character Recognition) to accurately translate such files into searchable documents hasn’t been perfected yet, so it’s still necessary to manually check files and make sure the digital format matches the original document.
However, one of the software products with superior OCR technology is Readiris Pro.
- Create editable files from scanned documents
- Comprehensive PDF manipulation tools
- For business and home users alike
- No forever-free version available
Readiris Pro is for business and home. It comes with rich features for transforming scanned files into editable documents, as well as for manipulating PDF files. It’s one of the best scanner tools for Windows 10.
However, Readiris Pro focuses on corporate environments. It has practical options and configuration settings to help users create digital copies out of valuable documents, which can be easily browsed with a typical search function.
Check out our Readiris Pro 17 review below.
Readiris Pro editions
Unfortunately, Readiris Pro doesn’t have a forever-free version. On the other hand, you can test most of its features during a 10-days free trial using Readiris (standard edition). There are several limitations, though. For example, you can’t exceed 150 pages or convert more than 3 pages at once.
To lift these restrictions, it’s necessary to get a software license. There are two editions available, called Readiris Pro and Readiris Corporate, whose differences we will explain below.
Licenses can be purchased for one or more computers, and they come with a 30-days money-back guarantee. As such, you can ask for a refund if Readiris hasn’t convinced you within the first month of use.
Readiris Pro system requirements
The setup package is pretty big. So, before you download Readiris Pro 17 to your PC, check for these prerequisites:
- Processor: 1 GHz or more powerful
- Memory: 1 Gb RAM minimum (2 Gb recommended)
- HDD: more than 400 Mb free disk space
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Others: an active Internet connection for downloading and activating the product + administration rights
Readiris Pro installation and interface
Once you obtain the large setup file, you can start the installation and pick a setup language, accept the license agreement, and choose the complete and custom setup mode. In custom mode, you can exclude any UI languages and modify the default install folder.
As far as the graphical interface is concerned, Readiris Pro has a simple and elegant look, similar to working with a Microsoft Office product. All components are neatly organized on the menu bar, spread across the Home, PDF, Zones, Page, Cloud Setup, View and Settings tabs.
An excellent OCR software for business and home
Taking everything into account, Readiris Pro proves to be an excellent OCR software solution for Windows and Mac. With its help, you can create editable and searchable PDF documents from scans. It also has useful features for PDF manipulation, like splitting and merging PDFs or adding annotations and comments.
Readiris Pro doesn’t put a strain on system resources consumption and processes PDF swiftly, without any delays. Although it has settings tailor-made for commercial environments, these can be easily configured even by casual users, thanks to the fact that they’re so intuitive.
The only downside of the tool is that it doesn’t have a forever-free version available. Other than that, Readiris Pro is a must-have OCR software solution.
FAQ: Learn more about Readiris Pro
- Is Readiris Pro safe?
Readiris Pro is 100% safe. It’s legitimate software that does what it says: creates editable PDFs from scans. It’s not infected with malware.
- How do I activate Readiris Pro?
At every program startup, there should be a window that asks for your activation code. Paste your code in the designated area and click Activate Now. If you encounter any errors, check out these solutions to fix Readiris.
- What is the best OCR software?
Readiris Pro is at the top of our list when it comes to the best OCR software for Windows. However, if you want to experiment with other similar products, we suggest checking out ABBYY FineReader, Microsoft OneNote, and Simple OCR.
Overview of Readiris Pro features
- Transform PDFs, images and other files into text documents which can be edited, such as PDF, DOC or XLS
- Add comments and annotations to your PDFs
- Split PDFs into multiple parts and join them back together
- Use voice annotations and a text-to-speech tool to hear PDFs read out loud
- Keep track of your documents via cloud uploading: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Evernote, Box
- Decrease the file size with up to 20% compression rate
- Process documents with multiple pages (up to 50 pages per document)
- Works with all major scanner devices
- Features support for duplex and high-speed scanning
- More than 130 languages are available for the interface
- Process multiple OCR documents at the same time
- Monitor folders for new documents to auto-include in the processing job
- Identifies and processes business cards
- Add digital signatures to PDFs to prove authenticity
- Implement PDF/A solutions for long-term archiving
- Additional support for cloud services, such as Microsoft SharePoint
- Decrease the file size with up to 50% compression rate
- Process documents with an unlimited number of pages
- Free trial
- PDF scan, OCR